Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Don't trip at the finish line

Well about 3 weeks after my last post I get back again. I know most of you reading this probably don't know too too much about my history, but once again these 3 weeks have taught me one thing. I will not be a psychiatrist. Sorry Dr. Thomas it's a no go. Unless I did really really horrible on my OSCE last week I should be fine in this class. I did under average(again) but well enough to not worry too badly. I hate behavior medicine stuff. Coming out of it, they said we had 17 questions by the crazy guy who cannot teach worth a dikins and asks questions that you cannot understand what he wants. Needless to say I studied his things for hours, as well as the drugs/pharmocology, but there were only 5 questions from Dr. Martin and the pharm was about the most horrible thing you can imagine. Think of studying all these drugs and knowing the drugs and then they go in saying the patient has a prescription(not naming it) and has a side effect. In a drug could you also give, what is the 2nd drugs side effect. Yeah you already have a hard time figuring out the first drug, harder remembering what the side effects are. Going from there, you're snowballing. Basically you see a bunch of different possible side effects and are like, well I recognize this one so I'm going with that. Love medical school, I just love it. I guess I could study another 15 hours a week(it's theoretically possible) but I just cannot see the use for that, although Kristen might disagree. For those of you out there looking for a new video game, even though none of you are since only Kristen, Sarah, and maybe Sara read this, I would suggest league of legend, look me up madphysics ;) Um 3 more weeks of school and a 3 day holiday coming up. Kristen has been hinting rather strongly about doing something outside this weekend for memorial day. Anyway you go girls!

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering if you passed. You didn't send another text message - and I didn't want to add insult to injury by calling and asking if you hadn't. Kudos.

    And...you should go do something with Kristen this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So psychiatry is out, huh? But I thought you wanted to emulate Dr. Thomas because he helped you through your ADD and/or depression (or whatever it is you had back in the day)?

    Also, I thought we already had this discussion about you recommending video games. Don't do it. You're ruining my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come on Sara we both know only you Sarah, and Kristen read these. Like Jacob wants to know what goes on in my life lol.
      And after careful consideration I have once again come to the conclusion that psychiatry is b dot s

      Delete