Wednesday, February 8, 2012

End of an Era

Well, sorry about the wait, I know I was supposed to be doing this more often but this last week was panic stricken. I got sick this weekend, had to study for my IDIT final and hope to pass it so that I could pass the class. Sick and test don't mix well with fun down time.

Anyway, big things in the news. I started playing in an indoor soccer league, and we won our first match 3-2, but to be fair they were two easy balls that the keeper should have gotten. At the half we switched keepers and they started playing much better but luckily the keeper managed to save them all. There were a lot of people there for the first game, as they usually are. Probably will end up with about half the number by the end of the season. Since I was sick I wasn't up to my usual standard, but I don't think that I played poorly, just I did best on defense since I couldn't quite get the ball to go in. We also didn't pass very well that game so that could have been part of it too.

Sunday like I said to some of you, I got a calling in churhc. Kristen and I are primary co-teachers or whatever that is. I don't know what it means exactly but I sit with the kids and Kristen teaches. I don't know if this is the bishop trying to get up to have kids. but if it is, this is the wrong way to go about doing it.

I don't know if I mentioned it last time, but the 2nd midterm I basically bombed pretty hard core, which is sad because I thought that I knew the stuff pretty well. It's hard to go into a test feeling confident, and look at the first questions and go, "oh shoot". It didn't get better. So this week I study 7 days straight basically ignored my wife and studied hardcore. I thought I knew it down pat, and I went into the test today and was like holy cow. The easy guy, Dr. Mata, our pharm professor went all ape crazy and like on the test. Does anyone out there know all 14 Ceflasporins? No? Me neither, and he had them written out like we were supposed to know them. Luckily all that studied I scrapped by with another P in a class. I was getting pretty frustrated because my friend plays WoT all the time (yes I showed it to him) and he basically doesn't study, and always does well. But at least this time I beat him, on this test and the class overall. That's a relief, I hate going into tests thinking that I might not survive medical school if I don't pass this test.

It was my birthday today so that was an awesome birthday present to pass a class. I did end up playing SC2 for a bit today trying to unwind. I got a text/call from Dan saying we should go eat at Shari's tonight, kind of like a Denny's. Kristen finally came home after leaving her phone at the house so I didn't know where she was, and we had dinner paid for by the study group. That was my birthday, so it went well.

I have another game this weekend, Friday I believe, it should be fun, get some stress off and kick something. I'll try to have Kristen take pictures or something so I can get more color out to you guys. You guys as in Sarah, Sara, (Kristen lives here), and I don't know who else reads this if anyone does, so yeah!

Anyway tomorrow is starting Blood and Lymphatics so I'm off to bed

3 comments:

  1. YAY Primary teachers! Jacob and I did that once upon a time. That's probably right up Kristen's alley, right? You guys'll do great. What age group is it?

    Definitely post pictures. DO it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't have a "milestone" birthday. Your era of single-ness ended in December. You're still a student. Which era, exactly, is ending in your life?

    **I have an entire volume of "thoughts" about your primary teacher job description that I'll save for a phone call out of respect for others who may read your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - I know it's a personal problem - but it's kinda getting to me that I don't know why you titled your post "End of an Era". Remind me to ask you next time we talk...

    ReplyDelete