Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Winds of Change

I know that it's bad writing in class, but when the professor is just going over his slides I have a hard time concentrating. Although this guy is a clinician, so he isn't giving a whole lot of extra information, just repeating what we already know or should know, and need to know next Tuesday.
Theses new classes aren't as bad as straight memorizing but it isn't exactly what I thought it was either, but at least now we're learning what actually drugs/diseases/etc are all about. It's no longer memorize all 400 gazillion g-proteins in the body and know which point mutations are bad for each one etc etc. Now it's just know 50 different blood diseases, their symptoms and clinical features, as well as the treatment for each one. Which while boring is new information at least. I did not like the HIV part though. Mainly because it was all about the 2000 drugs.
Other than that, my small group that meets every other day or so and goes over the medical cases is made out of all mormon married men, so that's interesting.
Other than that, I've yet to get a perfect score on our case quizzes, I always miss one, and lately they have been because of stupid things in my head. I don't think about it the right way even after looking at it. I read something get the wrong impression and don't correct it until after the test. I hate it. These quizzes are supposed to be bringing up my test scores supposedly. I doubt that it will happen

No comments:

Post a Comment