Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Goodies

Well this week Kristen and I did a budget for FHE! Yay for us to actually have a FHE and get through it. That's the good news, the bad news is we're dirty poor! Well we already knew that, but no goodies for Zac unless Kristen stays working/gets another job poor is the sad part. On average we get $50 a month for everything we need, besides the standard bills we have to pay. Curse you Mr. Credit Card. If someone out there want to receive about 3500 for about $2900 you just let me know =). It's sad that I'll be paying so much to the credit card company, but I guess the honeymoon was worth it. I might even get to pay off the credit card by the time I get out of medical school, maybe it seems like. Anyway, we're thinking about taking Kristen's car off of insurance and her just driving my car around to save money etc. So now we've entered into money saving mode all over the place. I guess it's about time I find out the hard way that money doesn't grow on trees. Curse you father for being there whenever I was in a bind... curse you. Otherwise things are going okay. I just need to pass this last test. Passing classes are what's important now, I don't try to do well in classes, it's too hard to do that. I've lost whatever self-respect I have, so I try to do my best and not fail. I'll wait till my kids are in college before I hit them with this type of talk. C's get degrees right?
We are doing a friends for scouting thing this Friday, our date night I guess. Since the church is so into scouting and say it's so important, we'll probably donate some money because it's something that the boys need, but we're definitely not in a position to do a whole lot for them. Callings were extended to us this last Sunday, and you all will find out about them this Sunday. Needless to say it's not exactly what I wanted but I think that might be why I got it. Either that or God is trying to nudge me in a direction in a not so subtle way. But the Bishop is a good guy, he is a convert and this is his first time as something like this. He just got called last semester actually, so his wife is still trying to adjust to everything.

I still want my cookies though Kristen. I can fast for a day or so we can get cookie materials. It's that important.

We did watch a movie last night, we rented Captain America from redbox. I decided since this weekend will be so hectic as another study weekend we might as well have a night to us now. Kristen is missing a couch something fierce. I guess you cannot really cuddle on the floor trying to watch a movie, but it's better than nothing

Anyways cookies ftw!

1 comment:

  1. You're a good man for contributing to Friends of Scouting - even $10 will go somewhere...

    For your couch problems:
    Free couch: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/zip/2827656980.html

    $10 Couch: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/fuo/2821120848.html

    $20 Couch: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/fuo/2829730335.html

    $25 Couch: http://corvallis.craigslist.org/fuo/2811827687.html


    I'm going to guess Nursery Leaders - that's usually where they stick newly married couples...

    ReplyDelete