Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What do I think?

So after writing all this I came to wonder why I was actually writing all this. I really don't know except it's been on my mind. The other reason is that people have told me that a blog is for what I am thinking etc. I don't intend for this blog to become a statement or anything other than letting people know what is going on with me right now. I lack the tact and aptitude of creating anything other than what is on my mind, and don't expect this to be much of anything .

So all these anti-hate/anti-anti-gay etc etc etc blogs going up, I guess it just blows my mind. While I'm sure they are all meaning well and have good intentions by the time I get through reading the whole blog I'm like W.T.F.!!! How do you go from all we need is love(yes you can sing the lyrics in your mind) to attacking everyone? Things are just going crazy around here! Good thing this I don't really care, there'll always be ultra-conservative folk, uber-liberal folk who feel they have to stand up and protect their rights, the rights of their children, the rights of the baby who isn't going to be conceived until about 11:15 tonight in some back seat of a car. I have my own beliefs and I don't intend to force them upon anyone. If it comes time to have the public decide on the course of our society I'll go to the polls, vote for what I feel is right and leave.

If some of my friends and I want to have a conversation or even a debate on a touchy subject, I don't intend to push it on them at all. Just show them where I am coming from and why I believe what I believe. Each and every one of us are logical human beings and can make a decision based on what we feel/believe. That is what God/natural selection/Allah/your mom and dad that one night gave us when we were born into the great country of the USA. I'm stubborn, you're stubborn, the big guy next to me is stubborn, do you really think if you throw one more fact/belief out to anybody that it'll change them? Change comes from within the character in question, not from anybody else. Haters are always going to hate, lovers are always going to love unless something inside changes them, not from me stuffing personal beliefs down their throats. I have a friend(yes it's true) and he is the complete antithesis of me. He thinks I'm crazy for what I believe. I think he's going to .... (just kidding, in case he reads this lol) no I don't know what I think about his beliefs... honestly to me they're just what he believes. We've talked about sex, we've talked about homosexuality, we've talked about religion. He's very knowledgeable and I would like to say I am as well. Afterwards he goes his way and I go mine. It's fun... he thinks I'm a wacko and that's totally cool. It's still fun to talk to him, and he's an amazing guy, he also plays a good game of StarCraft2

My last rant, if you can call it that(yes I'm no better than anyone else out there xD) is that if you feel strongly enough about a subject and feel you need to "educate" everyone about it, please have the decency to not just compartmentalize it to your own benefits. As it is now a political subject, many people have come out against homosexuality. Really that's awesome you believe in something, that's what makes us unique in the whole animal system(I believe). However please if you're against a sexual sin, be against sexual sins, not just a itty bity part of it. If you go out protesting gay marriage/homosexuality only to go home and get laid by your boyfriend or girlfriend is just as much a sexual sin last time I read the scriptures. I don't see many people going out to speak out against fornication or adultery. (p.s. I don't think you should judge anyone in any case actually, but that's beside the point). And yes according to what I feel, I am wrong in being flabbergasted by them.

Yes the world is going to "hell in a handbasket". Yes lawyers and corporations are taking over the world. Yes government corruption is at an all time high. So why must we hate our friends/neighbors/and the common folk? We should be doing good things like giving hugs to everyone we meet!(and this is why this is a semi-private blog, I am not the most eloquent of writers, or have the highest thought processes). Actually I think only Kristen will actually read this, and maybe Sara if she has time.

To sum things up:
  • Have your own beliefs but don't expect that of others
  • Don't expect people to change just because you feel a certain way
  • Don't be a hypocrite when you talk out
  • Fix the world by fixing yourself
  • Hug everyone you meet, not only does this promote love, but it helps with oxytocin levels
  • Remember Zac is awesome and send him cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment